SI-3002 - American Sensors Corp.
- TOTALLY ENCLOSED
- AVAILABLE IN TWO MAGNETIC SWITCHES TYPES
- NO MAINTENANCE REQUIRED
- UNAFFECTED BY EXTERNAL MECHANICAL INFLUENCES
- SPEED OF INDUCTOR TO SWITCH MAXIMIUM: 20 m /s
- Over-winding gear
- Checking the presence of cages at deck levels and shaft bottoms
- Checking the load on conveyors
- Positioning of traveling cranes and travel stops
- Gantry crane travel limits
- Travel limits of mine cars
- Control of cars and positioning of ingot rollers
- Control of cars for blast furnace loading
- Travel limits of moving spouts
- Signaling of billet cars
- Control of skips and hoisting cages
- Positioning of conveyor belts relative to hoppers
- Door closing control mechanisms
- Transmission of data to traveling cranes
- Positioning & checking the presence of mine cars
The magnetic switches and inductors used for motion, position, and limit detection on equipment and moving systems in difficult environments. These products are used in industrial environments where motion and position detection is of utmost importance, or even vital. They are used in different applications in rolling mills and steel mills such as opening and closing locks and gantry cranes positioning. These solutions offer contact-free detection, with no mechanical intermediary, and function without any external power supply (no batteries, or main supply).
The switch mechanism consists of two changeover contacts on a movable plate, which are operated simultaneously and controlled by permanent magnets contained within the switch. The position of the movable plate can be altered by the influence of a magnet of the correct polarity moving in the proximity of the switch. Two types of switch are available, each with a different operating action dependent on the control function required:
AUTOMATIC RESET - Mechanical Analog Type with Roller Switch. (RA): is operated by the approach of the inductor and is only maintained as long as the inductor is within the operating zone. On leaving the proximity of the switch the contacts will return to their original position.
TWO POSITION - Mechanical Analog Type with Tumbler Switch. (PS): is operated by the movement of the inductor while in the proximity of the switch, and remain in that position until such time as they are operated by the passage of the inductor in the opposite direction. Effectively the switch is memorizing the movement produced by the inductor.