PM-500-2C - American Sensors Corp.
TWO COLOR PYROMETER
NON-CONTACT, FOR ABSOLUTE ACCURATE
- MILL-DUTY, WATER-COOLED, POSITIVE-PRESSURE, AIR-PURGED HOUSING
- ACCURACY: ± 0.5% Tmeas +2°C)
- REPEATABILITY: 0.3% FULL SCALE
- RESPONSE TIME: 10 mSec.
- MULTIPLE TEMPERATURE RANGES
- 24 VDC or 100 – 240 VAC, 50 Hz / 60 Hz.
- Detect Hot Coke on Conveyor Belt
- Temperature Measurement at Tap Hole
- Reheat Furnaces, Hot and Cold Rolling Mills
- Temperature Measurement on Shiny/Reflective Material
This class of temperature measurement is based on the measurement of the infrared emission of the measured object. Two basic parameters influence the determination of the temperature from the infrared radiation: “ ? ” is the emissivity which depends on the material itself, the shape and roughness of its surface, and then wavelength “ ? ” at which the radiation is measured.
The PM-500-2C uses two-color measurement to provide superior accuracy in high temperature applications. The PM-500-2C pyrometer is ideal in situations where the target may be obstructed due to atmospheric smoke or other particulates, where the target is moving, or where the target is smaller than the field of view.
Bi-directional, RS-485 serial communications between the sensor and a personal computer in the control room enables remote setup, monitoring, calibration, and maintenance which is especially valuable for installation in hard to reach locations. Optional laser sighting and high-resolution optics provide a solution for either small targets or long sight-tubes.
The PM-500-2C is also available with fiber optic cable and optical head lens assembly