HMD-3000-D.php - American Sensors Corp.
STATIC HOT METAL DETECTOR
NON-CONTACT, RELIABLE, PRECISE, LONG-RANGE PRODUCT
DETECTION FOR ALL PRODUCTS FROM 150°C (300°F) EVEN IN
THE PRESENCE OF STEAM, SCALE AND WATER
Mill-duty, Cast Aluminum Housing
3-Axis Adjustable Base
- ALL-or-NOTHING SIGNAL INDICATIVE OF PRODUCT PRESENCE
- ANALOG OUTPUT
- DIGITAL OUTPUT
- AUTOMATIC GAIN CONTROL (AGC)
- 24 VDC or 100V to 240VAC, 50 Hz / 60 Hz.
The HMD 3000-D
is the best-designed and the most precise detection system for all hot metal applications including:
MADE IN USA
- Cooling Beds
- Width Control
- Caster Torches
- Mill Water Control
The HMD-3000-D Hot Metal Detector uses infrared sensitive PbS photocell to detect radiation from hot objects starting as low as 150°C. The incoming radiation is chopped with blades of miniature fan and converted to electrical signal. The electrical signal is amplified in the two-stage programmable gain amplifier.
- The first amplifier (Receiver) has built in temperature compensation to correct temperature related variations of the photocell responsiveness. The Receiver has an automatic gain control. Gain adjustment range is sufficient for most applications. The adjustable aperture at the front of the hood can reduce any additional radiation level. (Double Diaphragm option).
- The amplified signal is fed to the Discriminator Circuit, which compares it with the preset threshold voltage and activates the relay and opto-coupled MOSFET when signal exceeds the threshold.
- The amplifier output is also fed to the Amplitude Detector, which produces DC voltage proportional to the amplitude of the chopped signal. This voltage drives the 4-20mA converter, which produces the HMD current loop signal. The 4-20mA signal is proportional to radiation from the hot object and can be used to monitor process temperature.
- The HMD-3000-D has digital output of threshold, gain and the temperature inside the sensor in °C
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) allows the sensor to choose the best gain setting so that the energy of the signal is always between 3000mV and 8000mV. This means that it is never saturated (over 9969mV) and never less than 3-times the threshold. This feature is particularly good for intermittent steam conditions, different size targets, or different temperatures, or a combination of conditions.
CHOICE OF PHOTOCELL:
The HMD 3000-D is designed to use a lead sulfide (PbS) photocell. Lead sulfide has superior hot metal detection capabilities. The output level is sufficient to provide reliable detection even with product temperatures as low as 150°C and is continuous when the hot product is within the viewing field.